Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Wonder of the World; The Great Wall


a little bit of a drive from Bejing, China


Ahhh! The Great Wall of China. One of the Wonders of the World checked off my list. This was one place i really wished i could have had more time at, the group only spent about a couple of hours there. Despite the heat (it was one of their hottest days in their 100+ degree heat wave), i trudged up the wall. I was very suprised at how steep it was. the picture above the one of me is looking down at some steps i had to go down. Ridiculously steep, almost veritcal. i dont know how, thousands of years ago, warriors ran up and down the wall. It was hard enough just walking. even the non-step parts were steep. it was like walking up a giant hill only it went on forever. But the view was amazing, the mountains were glorious and i was happy just to be there.

2 comments:

k said...

I have never been there so I'm loving seeing these pics. I need to get there. And your comments on my pics were too nice, thank you!

Taylor Ashley said...

its all so beautiful ! how come you went to china ?