Friday, July 30, 2010

"What I Love About Me"


One of my favorite magazines, Marie Claire, has a monthly section called "What I Love About Me". Marie Claire goes around the country, to different cities, and finds all different women, and has them share what they love about themselves. I think its a wonderful idea, and I love reading them every month. Its a feel good thing that flaunts how good women can feel about themselves.

From the August 2010 issue. They were in Miami, FL. My favorite is the women in the lower left hand corner ( wearing a white tank)  who said "As a nurse, I love it when my patients tell me my face looks gentle and comforting"

Here are a few things that I love about me.

I love my hair-- I wake up and it looks good! Literally! I dont have to anything with it if I want to wear it down that day! And the color. The sun lightens it, and adds nautral, beautiful highlights! Gah! Its so pretty and practically shimmers in the sun!
 
I love my eyes-- They're probably my favorite feature and I get a lot of comments on them.

I love that i can be comfortable alone, with me, myself, and I--i know so many people who are uncomfortable being alone, and dont know what to do with themselves. I love that i can just lounge around the house for a day, and still have a good day.

I love my fashion sense--i love getting dressed each day and paring things together. playing dress up with all my clothes and accessorizing is so much fun!

I love how kind and empathetic i am-- mean people just arent fun to be around, and i hate it when people feel bad about themselves. I think it helps that i am a good listener and am not very judgemental.

I love my ethnicity and my story-- im adopted from China for those of you new readers or if you didnt know that. It sets me apart and people are always interested in my story. I'm also a twin, though we dont know anything about them, if they're a girl or boy or if they even lived. When i tell people that, they always are intruiged x10. They want to know more about it, think its way cool, and the "long lost twin" thing always comes up. I love peoples reactions to it.





I'm proud to say I'm pretty darn comfortable with myself as a person, I know not a lot of teenagers can say that about themselves.
So what do you love about you? I'd love to hear it.




15 comments:

Jenmarie said...

Wow! I had no idea Marie Claire had a page like that. I think that'd be great to post and mention on my fashion blog as we're trying to do more posts on helping females feel beautiful, confident and loved.

Thanks for posting this!

It's so great to see that you're happy with yourself. You're lovely :)

http://www.stylethroughhereyes.com

Lauren said...

I love being alone too! I can pretty much do anything by myself- shopping or eating. I've even gone to the cinema by myself!

I wish I was more empathetic though. That would be a quality I envy in people. I can be very harsh!

To redeem that, I would say something I love about myself is my reliability. If someone needs me, I am THERE.

Nice post! Very positive xx

AmyK said...

It's great that you love so much about yourself!

And totally crazy (good crazy, of course!) to have a long lost twin!

k said...

it was so fun learning more about you! i also love that feature in marie claire. i would say i love my eyes and that i'm a confident person :)

Tehren Anaiis said...

beautiful post dolly!

what do i love about me! i love that i have a great sense of self... i struggle with things ive done or past memories but i never question who i am or what i am.. i know myself infinitively.

i really cant wait to get your letter! check your post services website for rates! stoookkked!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing and such a good idea. I love your blog too! You're beautiful.

Bea. xo

M said...

You're very pretty xxx

L and T said...

Being comfortable in your own skin and mind is the healthier way of living!
Are you excited about the Bachelorette last rose ceremony? Who do you think she is going to pick, Roberto or Chris?
L.
PS: you do are really pretty!

Rebecca said...

I love my hair :) I got it cut shorter so it will grow out longer (hopefully) :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet post :-) great to know you have so much confidence in yourself, I might lack a bit of that, like many teenagers (and not only teenagers actually) ..

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog btw :-) was glad to read through it!

Cheers,

thecharmingthings.blogspot.com

Be Kind For Everyone You Know Is Fighting A Battle said...

You are one lucky girl!!! I'm so glad theres girls out there like you and i love your picture-you're adorable!!!!! and i love all those things about you too! stay shining! :)

Hamptontoes said...

Congrats on your recent new blog! I don't read Marie Claire, so I was unaware of the section you're describing...however, I think it sounds wonderful! You are young, wise and beautiful. Your answers seem genuine, thoughtful and wise for your age. Keep the good head you have on your shoulders and you are destined to live a life of continued splendor! Thanks for stopping by my blog...it lead me to yours! You seem like a fresh breathe of air for your generation.

Shakkablakka said...

Hi, thanks for the comment on my blog!

I think loving and accepting youselve is the only way to become truely happy!

Tay said...

its nice to hear from a really confident person :)

ps. i love my lips :P

http://taylorpaigeloveanddance.blogspot.com/
follow me :)

Henry Lee said...

u r pretty and confident ya! :)

Peace
The CleverMunkey